9 AM - 3 PM Cost:
$75 for Michigan residents; $150 all others
This Dept. of Energy-focused seminar provides detailed instruction on the ins and outs of preparing a proposal to meet the requirements of the DOE, including both technical and commercialization plans, and navigating the submission process.
WHAT YOU’LL COME AWAY WITH:
- Up-to-date information about the DOE SBIR/STTR program
- Selecting a topic and subtopic for your proposal
- Outlines and considerations for each part of your proposal
- Strategies for targeting DOE’s mission and requirements
- Writing your proposal to meet the reviewers’ expectations
- DOE commercialization review criteria and how to approach your plan
- Common problems and pitfalls and how to avoid them
Lunch is included.
Speaker: Michael Kurek, PhD, Partner, BBC Entrepreneurial Training & Consulting (BBCetc)
Speaker information: Over his 30-year career, Michael Kurek has held management positions in marketing, sales, and business development for several start-up and early-stage companies in industries such as medical devices, informatics, and research tools. He joined BBCetc in 2001. Michael holds a Ph.D. in Genetics from Florida State University and an M.B.A. from Boston University.