USA flag logo/image

An Official Website of the United States Government

Company Information:

Company Name:
TERRA NOVA LEARNING SYSTEMS
Address:
10437 W. INNOVATION DR., #400
WAUWATOSA, WI 53226-4838
EIN:
103044243
DUNS:
022421593
Number of Employees:
4
Woman-Owned?:
Yes
Minority-Owned?:
No
HUBZone-Owned?:
No

Commercialization:

Has been acquired/merged with?:
N/A
Has had Spin-off?:
N/A
Has Had IPO?:
N/A
Year of IPO:
N/A
Has Patents?:
N/A
Number of Patents:
N/A
Total Sales to Date $:
$ 0.00
Total Investment to Date $
$ 0.00
POC Title:
N/A
POC Name:
N/A
POC Phone:
N/A
POC Email:
N/A
Narrative:
N/A

Award Totals:

Program/Phase Award Amount ($) Number of Awards
SBIR Phase I $1,725,631.00 10
SBIR Phase II $1,619,120.00 2

Award List:

BEGINNING A CAREER IN DRUG ABUSE RESEARCH

Award Year / Program / Phase:
2005 / SBIR / Phase I
Award Amount:
$99,676.00
Agency:
HHS
Principal Investigator:
Brian Roberts
Abstract:
N/a

SBIR PHASE I TOPIC 58 MENTAL HEALTH RESEARCH PARTNERS: HELPING FAMILIES MAK WELL-

Award Year / Program / Phase:
2007 / SBIR / Phase I
Award Amount:
$99,949.00
Agency:
HHS
Principal Investigator:
Roberts Laura
Abstract:
N/a

PARTICIPATORY MENTAL HEALTH RESEARCH: A MULTI-MEDIA COURSE FOR INVESTIGATORS

Award Year / Program / Phase:
2007 / SBIR / Phase I
Award Amount:
$390,755.00
Agency:
HHS
Principal Investigator:
Roberts Brian
Abstract:
N/a

NIDA - Getting Started in Drug Abuse Research: A Multidisciplinary Introduction

Award Year / Program / Phase:
2008 / SBIR / Phase I
Award Amount:
$99,986.00
Agency:
HHS
Principal Investigator:
Abstract:
DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Drug abuse is a serious problem in the U.S. that destroys families, lowers workplace productivity, contributes to spiraling healthcare costs, and causes premature deaths. As noted in a 2003 Institute of Medicine (IOM) r eport, far too few psychiatry residents are… More

Psychiatric and Psychosocial Conditions of HIV/AIDS Patients: An e-Learning Cours

Award Year / Program / Phase:
2008 / SBIR / Phase I
Award Amount:
$95,565.00
Agency:
HHS
Principal Investigator:
Abstract:
DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The rate of HIV/AIDS infection is higher in rural America than in urban areas. Unfortunately, the number of behavioral health providers who practice in rural communities is disproportionately small. Moreover, these rura l health care providers are often not… More

Virtual M.D.: e-Learning Tool for Improving Health Science Literacy

Award Year / Program / Phase:
2008 / SBIR / Phase I
Award Amount:
$85,296.00
Agency:
HHS
Principal Investigator:
Abstract:
DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Only 28% of all Americans are considered scientifically literate [1], a distressing figure that leaves 72% of U.S. citizens ill-prepared to comprehend the substance of important issues such as stem cell research, global warming, multi-billion-dollar defense… More

Health and Aging: Understanding Alcohol Use (NIAAA)

Award Year / Program / Phase:
2009 / SBIR / Phase I
Award Amount:
$120,016.00
Agency:
HHS
Principal Investigator:
Abstract:
DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Terra Nova Learning Systems enthusiastically anticipates researching, developing, producing, testing, and marketing the Health and Aging: Understanding Alcohol Use program outlined in this proposal. This suite of coordi nated materials will both address NIAAA's… More

NIAAA - Improving the Lives of Children with FASD: An e-Learning Resource for Car

Award Year / Program / Phase:
2009 / SBIR / Phase I
Award Amount:
$120,126.00
Agency:
HHS
Principal Investigator:
Abstract:
DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Terra Nova Learning Systems enthusiastically anticipates developing, producing, testing, and marketing the Improving the Lives of Children with FASD: An e-Learning Resource for Caregivers program outlined in this propos al. This practical caregiver resource will… More

NIDA - Getting Started in Drug Abuse Research: A Multidisciplinary Introduction

Award Year / Program / Phase:
2009 / SBIR / Phase II
Award Amount:
$768,645.00
Agency:
HHS
Principal Investigator:
Abstract:
DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Drug abuse is a serious problem in the U.S. that destroys families, lowers workplace productivity, contributes to spiraling healthcare costs, and causes premature deaths. As noted in a 2003 Institute of Medicine (IOM) r eport, far too few psychiatry residents are… More

Motivational Interviewing Training for Drug Abuse Treatment Counselors

Award Year / Program / Phase:
2009 / SBIR / Phase I
Award Amount:
$114,864.00
Agency:
HHS
Principal Investigator:
Abstract:
DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Drug abuse is a significant, growing, and far-reaching problem, with up to 22.6 million Americans age 12 and older having experienced substance abuse or dependency problems in 2006, as reported in SAMHSA's 2006 Nationa l Survey on Drug Use and Health report.… More

Virtual M.D.: e-Learning Tool for Improving Health Science Literacy

Award Year / Program / Phase:
2010 / SBIR / Phase II
Award Amount:
$850,475.00
Agency:
HHS
Principal Investigator:
Abstract:
DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Only 28% of all Americans are considered scientifically literate [1], a distressing figure that leaves 72% of U.S. citizens ill-prepared to comprehend the substance of important issues such as stem cell research, global warming, or their own health-related… More

Virtual M.D.: A High School E-Learning Neuroscience Investigation Unit

Award Year / Program / Phase:
2013 / SBIR / Phase I
Award Amount:
$499,398.00
Agency:
HHS
Principal Investigator:
Eric Termuehlen – 650-391-9565
Abstract:
DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The scientific literacy of U.S. high school students is disturbingly low, leaving many ill-prepared to comprehend the substance of important modern issues, as well as their own health-related conditions. Enhanced educational efforts are needed to improve the… More