Point of Use Oil Quality Analysis
Agency / Branch:
DOD / ARMY
ASTI proposes to identify and evaluate the most promising new oil condition measurement techniques and develop sensor device concepts that can be used in point of use on-board and/or hand-held oil condition analyzers. ASTI now believes the best options for new oil condition sensors are mid-infrared optical methods and chemically selective binding agents on micro-electromechanical detectors.
Technical objectives include:
* Assess and analyze the gap between the capabilities of current state of the art sensor devices and the expectations of the US Army
* Identify novel sensing methods that have not been integrated into on-board or hand-held systems before
* Assess the sensing capability of the proposed methods against AOAP capabilities
* Eliminate from consideration methods that do not advance the state of the art for on-board and hand-held systems
* Define likely embeddable device concepts that utilize the best sensing methods
* Rank the devices on overall estimated performance and feasibility
* List areas of significant predicted impact on AOAP and logistics operations by the proposed sensors and propose communications protocols
Small Business Information at Submission:
AMERICAN SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, INC.
888 West Big Beaver Road, Suite #420 Troy, MI 48084
Number of Employees: