USA flag logo/image

An Official Website of the United States Government

Company Information:

Company Name: Physical Optics Corporation
City: Torrance
State: CA
Zip+4: -
Woman-Owned: No
Minority-Owned: No
HUBZone-Owned: No
Website URL: http://www.poc.com
Phone: N/A

Award Totals:

Program/Phase Award Amount ($) Number of Awards
SBIR Phase I $399,983.00 3
SBIR Phase II $2,729,996.00 3

Award List:

Multistage Dielectrophoretic Sample Preparation System

Award Year / Program / Phase: 2011 / SBIR / Phase I
Agency: DHS
Principal Investigator: Gregory Zeltser
Award Amount: $99,992.00
Abstract:
High-fidelity biomolecular analysis techniques, such as PCR, DNA sequencing, or ELISA, rely heavily on adequate sample preprocessing. To achieve maximum performance from these sensitive analytical techniques, the DHS needs novel methods for flowthrough systems that prepare and concentrate… More

Millimeter Wave Inspection Tool for Wind Turbine Components

Award Year / Program / Phase: 2011 / SBIR / Phase II
Agency: DOE
Principal Investigator: Juan Hodelin, Mr.
Award Amount: $1,000,000.00
Abstract:
Improving wind energy harvesting system reliability is a challenge that requires advanced technologies and innovation to support growth and development of domestic wind energy. Toimprove quality assurance inspection of wind turbine parts and, in particular, to improvetechnologies to perform quality… More

Large-Format Autostereo Volume Integrating Synthetic Holographic 3D Visualization System

Award Year / Program / Phase: 2011 / SBIR / Phase II
Agency: DOE
Principal Investigator: Tin Aye, Mr.
Award Amount: $1,000,000.00
Abstract:
Development of advanced scientific visualization systems to extract scientific insights from high volumes of data generated by simulations and experiments is sought. Specifically, these systems should provide collaborative data analysis and visualization with capabilities to communicate among users,… More

Standardized Ultraportable Rugged Fuel-Cell Automated Carrier Equipment

Award Year / Program / Phase: 2011 / SBIR / Phase II
Agency: DOD
Principal Investigator: Kang Lee, Principal Mechanical Engi – (310) 320-3088
Award Amount: $729,996.00
Abstract:
To address the Army"s need for a refillable liquid fuel cartridge for portable methanol fuel cell systems, Physical Optics Corporation (POC) proposes to complete the development of the Standardized Ultraportable Rugged Fuel-cell Automated Carrier Equipment (SURFACE), based on a… More

Full Parallax Enhanced Depth Full Color Three-Dimensional Visualization System

Award Year / Program / Phase: 2012 / SBIR / Phase I
Agency: HHS
Principal Investigator: Fang A. Zhang – 310-320-3088
Award Amount: $149,994.00
Abstract:
DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Volumetric three-dimensional (3D) display technology has wide medical applications, such as in computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), positron emission tomography (PET), and ultrasound (US) [1-12].In neuroscience, data generated by brain… More

Wireless At-Risk Infant Monitoring System

Award Year / Program / Phase: 2012 / SBIR / Phase I
Agency: HHS
Principal Investigator: Jason Holmstedt – 310-320-3088
Award Amount: $149,997.00
Abstract:
DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Preterm births occur in about 10 percent of all pregnancies in the U.S. and account for approximately 69% of annual infant deaths; the remaining 31% [1,2] of infant mortality is attributable to known at-risk infants andother deaths (e.g., sudden infant death… More