The goal of this research is to study the feasibility that mobile devices have the capabilities and accuracy to be used as positioning devices for connected vehicles programs. We will demonstrate this proposition by implementing positioning capturing apps using the build in GPS and accelerometers, and then enhancing it with Dead Reckoning and triangulated algorithms. We will show the capabilities differences in both the Operating Systems and the hardware of the three most popular mobile platforms, iPhone, Androids, and Window Phone7. In the process,we will show our concept of building app using HWIO and VIO software stack that will allow standardizing of screen level app development. We will also show the mobile device ability to log position data and serve the data to the backend server. Lastly, we will look into battery usage and how the apps can be run on continuous basis without draining its battery to the point of becoming impractical. With this goal in mind, we set the following technical objectives:
1. Demonstrate the mobile device ability to capture positioning data and its accuracy using onboard GPS and accelerometers,
2. Demonstrate mobile devices enhanced positioning accuracy with dead reckoning and
3. Demonstrate differences capabilities between iPhone, Android, and Window Phone 7,
4. Demonstrate that HWIO and VIO software stack architecture can be used to enhance
and control screen level app development,
5. Demonstrate data gathering and reporting between mobile devices and backend server,
6. Demonstrate how positioning app can be used without draining mobile device battery to the point of impractical usage.
Small Business Information at Submission:
E-Systems Communications Corp.
11440 West Bernardo Court suite 21C San Diego, CA 92127-
Number of Employees: