Many different offices and people make up the Federal SBIR community - program managers, grants and contracting officers, scientific review officers, legal counsel, and more. Thank you for the key role you have played supporting the innovation economy as a major contributor to the success of the SBIR/STTR programs.
- Review the SBIR/STTR Policy Directive
- Connect applicants and awardees with local resources
- Check out upcoming events
- Request to join the Federal SBIR community listserv
Acquire Cutting-Edge Technology for Your Agency
By 15 USC section 638(r)(4) and the SBIR/STTR Policy Directive, the competition for SBIR Phase I and Phase II awards satisfies any competition requirement of the Armed Services Procurement Act, the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act, and the Competition in Contracting Act. Therefore, an agency that wishes to fund an SBIR Phase III project is not required to conduct another competition to satisfy those statutory provisions. As a result, in conducting actions relative to a Phase III SBIR award, it is sufficient to state for purposes of a Justification and Approval pursuant to FAR 6.302-5, that the project is a SBIR Phase III award that is derived from, extends, or logically concludes efforts performed under prior SBIR funding agreements and is authorized under 10 U.S.C. 2304(b)(2) or 41 U.S.C. 253(b)(2).
- Search SBIR/STTR-funded technologies
- Check out Phase III References
- View the tutorial about the benefits of Phase III for entrepreneurs