- Current information on the SBIR/STTR program
- Strategies for targeting your proposal to meet DoD’s mission and requirements
- Technological innovation and commercial merit – what this really means
- Common problems and pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Preparing a Commercialization Plan
- How to write the proposal to meet the reviewers’ expectations
- Navigating the often complicated process of actual submission
- What to do once you learn you are going to be funded (and what to do next if you learn you are not)
SBIR/STTR Proposal Preparation for DOD
9 AM -3 PM
Macomb OU INCubator
Sterling Hts., MI
Cost: $75 for Michigan resident; $125 all others
This Dept. of Defense-focused seminar provides detailed instruction on the ins and outs of preparing a proposal to meet the requirements of the DOD, including both technical and commercialization plans, and navigating the often complicated submission process.
WHAT YOU’LL COME AWAY WITH:
Lunch is included.
Speaker: Becky Aistrup, M.B.A., Principal Consultant,BBC Entrepreneurial Training & Consulting (BBCetc)
Speaker Information: Prior to joining BBC Entrepreneurial Training & Consulting as a Principal Consultant in July 2012, Becky was the SBIR/STTR Program Director for the Minnesota Science and Technology Authority. Becky’s professional background includes over 20 years of experience working within the medical, biotech, advanced materials and electronics industries, and consulting with technology companies on SBIR/STTR funding. In the 1990’s, she served as Vice President, Business Development & Licensing for a successful SBIR firm, helping them strategically target proposals and develop Phase II commercialization plans. Becky holds a B.A. degree in Chemistry from the University of Kansas, an M.B.A. in Marketing Management from the University of Minnesota, and a Master’s Certification in Interactive Marketing from the University of San Francisco.