I-Corps at NIH Webinar Materials Now Available
I-Corps from the Trenches Conversations with I-Corps Alum Webinar Resources Now Available!
Find them here!
The materials from the I-Corps from the Trenches – Conversations with I-Corps Alum webinar, held December 8, 2016, are now online! This presentation brought together leading I-Corps at NIH instructors and participations, and encouraged eligible small businesses to apply for the PA-16-414, I-Corps at NIH Administrative Supplement.
I-Corps at NIH Program
NIH is offering this entrepreneurial training program across the NIH and CDC to support SBIR/STTR funded academic researchers and small businesses to accelerate the translation of innovations from the lab to clinical practice.
The I-Corps™ at NIH is modeled after the successful I-Corps™ at NSF and will be leveraged to support biomedical innovation and translation, with the goal of expediting the development, detection, and therapeutic technologies for the leading causes of death and disability in the United States. I-Corps™ participants will receive capacity building and entrepreneurial trainings, mentorship opportunities, as well as modest funding to assist them in translating their ideas from the lab into a viable product on the market and to help them avoid common failure points.
Small business Phase I grantees of the following NIH/CDC SBIR & STTR Programs are eligible and encouraged to apply by January 9, 2016.
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
- National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
- National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS)
- National Center for Emerging Zoonotic and Infectious Diseases (NCEZID/CDC)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH/CDC)
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH)
View the funding opportunity announcement and call for applications to apply. For more information or questions on the I-Corps™ at NIH program, please visit http://sbir.cancer.gov/icorps/ or contact Christie Canaria at NCI SBIR Development Center.