Jazz Up Your Knowledge of NIH at the Spring 2017 NIH Regional Seminar in New Orleans
Are you a new investigator or research administrator new to working with the NIH grants process? If so, registration is underway for the 2017 NIH Regional Seminar on Program Funding & Grants Administration in New Orleans, LA (May 3-5). (If this date doesn’t work for you, consider the Fall seminar in Baltimore, MD (October 25-27).
- Interact with 60-70 NIH and HHS experts representing NIH program, policy, review, and grants management. Three “Tracks” of concurrent sessions offer over 45 different topics for Administrators, New Investigators, and All Interests.
- Participate in sessions offered in the New Investigators Track, offering a step-by-step guide to mapping your career with NIH and assistance with understanding the process. Examples of topics include: Grant Writing for Success, NIH Peer Review Process, Budget Building Blocks, and Understanding Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs).
- Join your peers in the Administrators Track to hear the latest updates on NIH grants processes and policies direct from NIH grants managers and policy officers. Sessions of interest might be Current Issues at NIH, Advanced Administrative Topics, Budget Basics, All About Costs, or After the Award is Made…Then What?
- Check out some of our special topic sessions such as Rigor and Reproducibility, Clinical Trials, Research Integrity, Compliance Pitfalls, SBIR/STTR, Humans and Animals in Research, NIH Loan Repayment Program, and Diversity in the Biomedical Research Workforce.
- Attend the plenary and engaging “Open Mike” sessions, provided by the NIH Deputy Director for Extramural Research, Dr. Michael Lauer.
- Consider the optional pre-seminar workshops (half day and full day options) for more in-depth information on topics such as Intellectual Property, Human Subject Research Protections, Intellectual Property and iEdison, electronic Research Administration (eRA), or our Administrator’s Boot Camp for those brand new to working with NIH.
- …And so much more!
Additional opportunities for those new to the NIH grants process:
- • Attendees new to the NIH grants process will receive valuable information, guidance and have access to all of the seminar PPTs, as well as obtain NIH contacts for the future.
- • ALL attendees will have access to NIH and HHS experts during breaks, as well as during our very popular 1:1 Meet the Expert discussions (15 minute conversations between you and an NIH or HHS expert of your choice – choose to meet one or as many as your schedule will allow.)
Registration Rates & Trainee Discount!
ALL potential attendees can save with the Early Registration Rate – but don’t delay because this rate ends March 3 (Hotel rooms are also available at a reduced rate but are filling fast!) In addition, Grad students, Predocs and Postdocs can take advantage of a special $50 trainee discount throughout the registration period – as long as space is available!
Don’t miss your chance to participate in the NIH Regional Seminars this year…and the opportunity to get your questions answered from NIH & HHS Program, Review, Grants Management, & Policy Officials. For more information and agendas, visit the New Orleans and Baltimore seminar websites, or the NIH Regional Seminars on Program Funding and Grants Administration home page for Listserv information. You can also watch updated Notices in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts. Twitter hashtag: #NIHsem.