9 AM - 4 PM, both days
University of Michigan North Campus Research Complex Ann Arbor, Michigan Cost: $125 for Michigan residents; $250 all others Registration: http://www.bbcetc.com/event/sbirsttr-proposal-prep-nih-focus-6/
This seminar presents essential information for crafting a competitive SBIR/STTR proposal that meets the unique requirements of the NIH.
WHAT YOU’LL COME AWAY WITH:
• Current information on the SBIR/STTR program
• Strategies for targeting your proposal to meet the mission and requirements of the NIH as well as the reviewers’ expectations
• Technological innovation and commercial merit – what this really means
• Common problems and pitfalls and how to avoid them
• Preparing a Commercialization Plan
• Navigating the often complicated process of electronic submission
• What to do once you learn you are going to be funded (and what to do next if you learn you are not)
Lunch for both days is included in the registration fee.
Speaker: Andrea Johanson, PhD, Principal Consultant, BBC Entrepreneurial Training & Consulting (BBCetc)
Speaker information: Andrea Johanson has over 18 years of experience in leading international collaborative research projects. Prior to joining BBCetc in 2006, she was responsible for developing a portfolio of agricultural biotechnology projects at Michigan State University’s Institute of International Agriculture, and for reporting to federal funding agencies about the program. Andrea has also served as an international consultant on a broad range of issues relating to international agricultural development, biotechnology, biosafety, intellectual property rights and technology transfer. She holds a Ph.D. in Plant Pathology from Reading University, UK, a Masters in Plant Pathology from Cornell University, and a Master of Arts in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University, UK. About BBC Entrepreneurial Training & Consulting: BBCetc is a nationally recognized, results-driven entrepreneurial consulting group specializing in helping emerging companies to win SBIR/STTR funding and using it strategically to propel growth. Its services include training courses and one-on-one consulting in the areas of technology assessment, SBIR/STTR proposal development, commercialization planning, and grants and contracts management.