Radio Frequency Identification Licensing System for Motor Vehicles
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports year over year increases in motorcycle fatalities and accidents over the past ten years. Of these:
· 2/3s of the deaths were related to excessive speed and loss of operator control
· 60% of deaths occurred at night or with poor visibility
· Approximately 30% were not properly licensed
· A majority had excessive blood alcohol levels
With a higher probability of flight risks and officer evasion, may police departments have adopted strict guidelines for engagement including “no pursuit” policies for motorcyclists that make apprehension and identification nearly impossible.
To assist Police departments with identification and apprehension, an in-vehicle system is needed that will allow a patrol office to identify a motorcyclists at distance and speed. This will improve traffic control, officer safety, and violator apprehension. An RFID system, will help law enforcement personnel make motorcycle riders safer.
An RFID-enabled license plate and reader interface in patrol cars, will allow greater flexibility and improvements in enforcement. Furthermore, a hands free system shall be capable of a “write” operation to “mark” a license plate that evade officers by use of conventional means.
* information listed above is at the time of submission.