Connectivity to Modern Electronics for the Hearing Disabled.

Award Information
Agency: Department of Education
Branch: N/A
Contract: H133S090130
Agency Tracking Number: H133S090130
Amount: $500,000.00
Phase: Phase II
Program: SBIR
Awards Year: 2009
Solicitation Year: N/A
Solicitation Topic Code: N/A
Solicitation Number: N/A
Small Business Information
6901 East Fish Lake Road, Maplegrove, MN, 55369
DUNS: 411693828
HUBZone Owned: N
Woman Owned: N
Socially and Economically Disadvantaged: N
Principal Investigator
 Gary Havey
 () -
 GHAVEY@AME-CORP.COM
Business Contact
Phone: () -
Research Institution
N/A
Abstract

Advanced Medical Electronics (AME) proposes to create a wireless solution for interconnecting hearing aids with consumer electronics devices.  Many millions of hearing aid users will benefit from this proposed technology.  The proposed solution will be based on a new ultra-low-power radio specifically developed by project partner IntriCon Corporation (St. Paul, MN) for use in micro-behind-the-ear (Micro-BTE) hearing aids.  Utilizing this novel wireless technology allows the proposed connectivity solution to be completely integrated into micro-BTE hearing aids.  Full integration has many advantages over current solutions.  IntriCon has long-standing component supplier relationships with the leading 6 hearing aid manufacturers (80% of market) and sells directly to the remaining 20%.  IntriCon plans to offer its new integrated wireless radio technology to all of these customers.  By leveraging this radio in the proposed add-on module for consumer electronics, the module will be compatible with many future wireless hearing aids.  The Phase II project will develop and test a production prototype system.

* Information listed above is at the time of submission. *

Agency Micro-sites

SBA logo
Department of Agriculture logo
Department of Commerce logo
Department of Defense logo
Department of Education logo
Department of Energy logo
Department of Health and Human Services logo
Department of Homeland Security logo
Department of Transportation logo
Environmental Protection Agency logo
National Aeronautics and Space Administration logo
National Science Foundation logo
US Flag An Official Website of the United States Government